작성일 : 24-02-21 10:32
2024년 2월18일 주일말씀 English version "Whole Body Is Clean" John's Gospel 13:1-11
 글쓴이 : 최고관리자
조회 : 104  
Sermon English Text  AKFPC /  February 18, 2024    Rev. Yongjin Park

“Whole Body Is Clean” (John’s Gospel 13:1-11)

May the grace and love of God is upon you who is listening God’s voice today in this worship.

Semiconductor is gold of all industry in this era. China began to sell semiconductor as cheapest price that other nations are not affordable. This is new strategy to resolve economic sanction of US.

China government strongly supports financially and controls politically all industries in domestic economy. So the companies can be survived under strong sanctions from outside. But that kind of government centered economy may not last long time. Constitution or temperature of economy should be changed to survive Up to global standard which most of nations is in trade and economy. So they can contribute to build fair trade and to form safe environment of global economy. It might be good chance for them to adjust their own for future of people's life.

If they open new environment as fair and free standard the future of their people will be great.

Today Bible passage introduces Lord Jesus teaches Peter in personal interest to seek spiritual interest.

Let us read together John's Gospel 13:7-10

"Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.” “No,” said Peter, “You shall never wash my feet.” Jesus answered, “Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.” “Then,  Lord,” Simon Peter replied, “not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!” Jesus answered, “A person who has had a bath needs only to wash his feet; his whole body is clean, And you are clean, though not every one of you.”

When Jesus Christ has come the time of crucifixion, He wanted to give his love whom he loved, 12 disciples, one by one, by washing their feet by his hand after last supper. All disciples were embarrassed but they silently obeyed. Once Peter's turn, He said why Lord washes their feet as their Lord. He means it is not right.

But Jesus said you do not realize this but later you will understand. “No,” said Peter, “You shall never wash my feet.” Jesus answered, “Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.” “Then, Lord,” Simon Peter replied, “not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!” Jesus answered, “A person who has had a bath needs only to wash his feet; his whole body is clean, And you are clean.

Other disciples might be thinking as Peter did.

Jesus said unless I wash you, you have no part with me. How much is this important for us to wash by Lord?

And what does this means for us to be bath and whole body is clean?

Peter first refused washing his own feet but later he asked to be washed hand and head by Lord.

Jesus teaches him with new spiritual principle on born again and repentance in this moment.

Verse 10,

"Jesus answered, “A person who has had a bath needs only to wash his feet; his whole body is clean, you are clean."

Why we are clean that we don't need to wash feet? They did not understand this in that time as Jesus said but later they understood fully after Jesus' death on cross and Resurrected and everlasting.

Brothers and sisters in Lord,

According to teaching of Jesus Christ our Lord, bath means Born again and washing means Repentance!

God has chosen us as his children and called us by gospel of Jesus Christ. Once we accept His calling we become born again as new creation from sin. This means bath. But as long as we live as flesh in our life we can get stained sin and lust in our daily life.

So we need to repent our sin before God. This means washing. Jesus said we are clean because we are born again. Person born again need to only repent their sins every day. This is difference between bath and wash in this parable that Lord teach.

We come before God because we are belonged to Him. We are his soul. So we need to wash our sins whenever we come to church for worship.

We are already clean spiritually we need to wash dirty of soul. This is why we come to the Lord and show soul to Him.

We are washing our soul clean as we are washing our body every day to keep clean Repentance is symbol of born again. One who not feel repent is not one who don't know born again.

Let us give thanks to God due to we are not belonged to this world but belong to God. Grace of Jesus Christ who rose on cross for our salvation is with us.

Let us praise to please God and repent our sin as we wash every day.

This is our testimony and our song for redemption.

In Romans 7:24-25, Apostle Paul confessed as this,

"What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?"

One Buddhist man was conversed to Christian. He confessed as this, "When I was in temple there, I wanted to be empty my mind but whenever I tried to be empty more anguish are filled in my mind. But after being in Jesus Christ I feel free whenever I try to fill Grace because Lord takes care of my all burden. I don't need more to empty my own. Filling grace of the Lord is enough for my life."

Matthew's gospel 11:28 says,

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." 

God be with all of you. Amen.

교회비전
교회연혁
교회기관
섬기는 사람들
예배시간
찾아오시는 길
설교
찬양대
특별집회
교회행사
선교행사
어린이부
중고등부
대학청년부
한글학교
경로대학
찬양대
찬양팀
합창단
주일학교찬양대
선교회
선교지
구제부
거리전도대
중보기도팀
교회소식
주보
새가족
구역
제자반
세례반
행사포토
목양칼럼 게시판
교인포토

Address:   10601 Pecan Park Blvd, Austin TX 78750
Tel: 512-339-3538, 512-739-7103   e-mail: akfpc2017@gmail.com

Copyright ⓒ www.akfpc.org Austin Korean First Presbyterian Church All rights reserved.

| 주일1부 예배 오전9:00
주일2부 예배 오전11:00
주일3부 찬양예배 오후1:30
| 주일영어예배 오후12:30
주일학교예배 오전11:00